Auction Terms & Conditions AUCTION TERMS
1. REGISTRATION: Bids will be accepted from registered bidders only. You MUST REGISTER at cowley1.com PRIOR TO BIDDING ONLINE. There is a one-time $1.00 credit card registration/verification fee which allows access to the Hi-Bid Platform (Auction Flex) which is returned after authorization. Pre-paid Credit Cards are Not Accepted. A driver's License is required for registration if bidding Live, onsite. Registration finalizes the bidder's agreement to the terms and conditions of the sale. Please read ALL the terms prior to bidding.
2. AUCTION SALE: All items will be sold to the highest bidder(s) regardless of price. All bidders are responsible to independently verify the age, functionality, model, description, operability and condition of all items, and should inspect items before bidding. Individual appointments will be considered at the option of the Auction Company. The descriptions in the catalogue are written to aid bidders. Some Descriptions may be based on opinion, assumption or a visual inspection only.
Each item is offered and sold is its' "AS IS CONDITION" with any and all faults, in its condition at time of sale without recourse by way of refund, reduction of the purchase price, or otherwise. Bidders should perform such independent investigation and evaluation with respect to the items they wish to bid on, as they deem necessary or appropriate. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
3. AGENCY: the auction company and its representatives represent the seller only.
4. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Announcements on day of sale take precedence over all prior releases, verbal and written, concerning the auction sale.
5. BIDDING: PRE-SET Bid Increments for this Auction will be as follows:
BIDS UP TO: INCREMENTS:
$ 100.00 $ 10.00
$ 500.00 $ 20.00
$ 1,000.00 $ 50.00
$ 5,000.00 $ 100.00
$ 9,999,999 $ 150.00
This is a Live Webcast Auction. The, onsite bidders, will be bidding against online bidders. The pace of the auction will be determined by the Auctioneer unless otherwise stated by the Auctioneer. Absentee bids may be taken at the discretion of the Auctioneer. The Auction Company reserves the right to enter bids on behalf of the absentee bidder. The Auctioneer is the sole arbitrator of the auction and has final say without liability to any party. The Auction Company can remove any Item from the auction at any time, before or during the sale without liability. Should the auctioneer determine that the opening bid or high bid does not match the value of the item, the sale may be denied. The Auction Company reserves the right to reject a bid from any bidder.
6. BUYER'S PREMIUM & SALES TAX: a buyer premium of 10.00% will be charged on all items purchased. The BUYER'S PREMIUM will be added to the high bid to determine the final sale price. 6% PA. sales tax applies.
7. PAYMENT: All items must be paid in full within 12 hours of the day of sale by cash, wire transfer, credit card (3.75% processing fee), cashier's check or pre-approved personal or business check made payable to Cowley Auction Company. Buyers will be provided a bill of sale. Any returned checks, including those for insufficient funds, will subject to a fee of $50.00 and buyer/bidder will be responsible for any additional bank fees incurred to recoup the amount owed. If paying with a credit card, total purchase amount is subject to a 3.75% processing/clearing charge. If paying by check, funds must clear auctioneer account prior to removal of merchandise from site. No exceptions, no arguments. ANY CHECKS ARE TO BE MADE PAYABLE TO: COWLEY AUCTION CO.
ONLINE BIDDERS: UNLESS PRIOR ARRANGEMENTS ARE MADE FOR PAYMENT, THE CREDIT CARD YOU REGISTERED WITH WILL BE CHARGED WITHIN 12 HOURS OF THE SALE IF NO OTHER METHOD OF PAYMENT IS RECEIVED.
Non-paying or no-show customers will be barred from bidding at future auctions with The Auction Company and Hi-bid (auction platform) will receive notice. Future auctions with other companies may be affected.
8. REMOVAL OF ITEMS PURCHASED: Purchased items shall be considered the property of the successful bidder at time of the sale. The auction company DOES NOT provide equipment or labor to remove items purchased. Please arrive prepared to move items. Property may be removed, WITH EVIDENCE OF PAID RECEIPT, on the following dates & times: Immediately following the auction or by Monday, April 4 from 10am to 1pm. Please schedule arrangements for pick up with the Auction Company. After 4 days, pick-up will require a $50.00 appointment fee. Items not picked up within 7 days will be resold and no refund will be returned to customer. Pre-approved personal or business checks must clear before pick-up can take place. If the Auction Company helps move items, all help is paid by the buyer at a rate of $50/hour. Should the items need to be moved to a storage area, the buyer pays all moving costs and storage rental fees. If shipping is arranged prior to auction through The Auction Company, Bidder pays all shipping, packaging and insurances requested by the shipper. Insurance is only on the amount of purchase. The Auction Company uses The UPS Store for shipping. Items are only shipped after the items are paid for. Bidder pays shipper directly. The Auction Company cannot give an estimate of shipping costs.
There is NO Refund or credit if bidder does not pick up the items won. Bidders: Please be sure you are availabile to remove items on the given dates prior to bidding.
9. INVENTORY LIST: The auction company will have an inventory of all items being offered. The inventory list will be available at www.cowley1.com. CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY FOR ADDITIONS TO INVENTORY, UPDATED PHOTOS AND ITEM SPECIFIC INFORMATION. The Auction Company will do its' best to photograph and describe the items being offered.
10. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: Bidders entering upon the Property for the purpose of inspection or item removal, shall do so at their own risk. Auction company and seller assume no risk for bodily injury or damage to personal property.
11. WEBSITE & ONLINE BIDDING: Visit cowley1.com for additional photos and other information.
We accept no liability for any failure or delay in executing bids or any errors contained in bids placed via the online bidding service.
Cowley auctions and its suppliers provide the online bidding service and the Cowley web site "as is" and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. Without limiting the foregoing, we accept no liability for any failures, delays or errors caused by interruptions in the availability of the online bidding service or our web site or any errors or defects in their content or functionality, any software and/or hardware defects (whether yours or ours) and/or any internet connection problems (whether yours or ours), and we do not represent or warrant that the online bidding service or the web site will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that any defects will be corrected.
12. GENERAL: The information contained here is subject to verification by all parties viewing it. No liability for its accuracy or any errors or omissions is assumed by Seller or the Auction Company.
Real Estate Auctions Only: Please read the Bidders Information Packet (BIP) for terms and conditions of the real estate auction/sale. Return the required registration form in the BIP along with a copy or proof of deposit should you be bidding online. All items must be received prior to the auction or your bid will be denied.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms